Set against the magnificent backdrop of Africa’s highest mountain, the glittering Mount Kilimanjaro, the luxury Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge enjoys a uniquely privileged position at the heart of this world-famous national park.
Secluded within a grove of acacia trees, the safari lodge looks out over the golden savannah plains, with uninterrupted views of the mountain itself. Close by are a series of emerald green swamps, which are fed by the melting snows of Kilimanjaro. These, the only sources of water in this otherwise starkly beautiful but arid park, attract huge numbers of wallowing elephants, hippos, buffalos and plains game. Meanwhile, from the prehistoric site of Observation Hill, the sunset over Kilimanjaro is magnificent.
At the centre of ‘Maasailand’, the lodge’s décor reflects the brilliant primary colours and iconic shapes representative of these legendary warriors. At the heart of the lodge, shaded by palm trees, is a free-form swimming pool; to either side of which stretch the rooms. Each room is housed in a single storey building opening directly on to the grounds, each reflecting a Maasai manyatta theme: each with its own hand-painted wall frescos.
Amboseli safari lodge features a central dining area reached by a timbered bridge over a melt-water stream. The lounge and bar feature a broad terrace and a blazing fire-pit where evening cocktails can be enjoyed. Activities include daily game drives in custom-built traditional safari vehicles, ‘sundowners’ on Observation Hill, bush breakfasts, bush dinners, Maasai dance performances, visits to Maasai villages and tree-planting programmes.
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge is located within Amboseli National Park, which lies approximately 250 kilometres from Nairobi and close to the Tanzanian border.
By road: transfers by road from Nairobi take approximately 5 hours.
By air: the airstrip is 11 kms from lodge and a ‘meet and greet’ and transfer service can be offered (Please let us know your arrival time in advance).
GUEST ROOM INFORMATION
Total Number of rooms 92
- Suite 1 (The OL Donyo Oibor )
- Family Rooms 3
- Double Rooms 41( King Size Beds)
- Twin Rooms 44
- Triple Rooms 3 :
- 8 sets inter-connecting rooms
GUEST ROOM FACILITIES
- Wireless Internet Connectivity
- Hair dryers & Shaving Mirrors
- 240V/3-pin (square) sockets and shaver socket
- 24-hour on-call medical services
- 24-hour electricity
- Children’s dining/menus
- Laundry and shoe-shine
- Forex Exchange
- Safety Deposit Box (Available at the reception)
- Complimentary mineral water and toiletries
- All day complimentary Tea & Coffee
- Gift shop
- Swimming pool
- Guided Nature Trek/Birding Safaris
- Beauty Therapy & Massage Services
- Day & Night game drives daily with dedicated driver guides
- Team Building Activities
- Re-afforestation Programme
- Board games, a library of Africana books & Wildlife Movies
- Maasai Dance & Lectures
DINING AND BAR ACTIVITIES
- One restaurant and two bars.
- Masai Bush Barbeque Dinner
- Observation Hill Sun-Downers
- Special dietary needs catered for (E.g. Vegetarian, Kosher, Gluten free) with advance notification
- Picnic lunch boxes on request
- Secretarial services
- Internet Services
- CD Writing, Photocopying & Scanning
CONFERENCE ROOM FACILITIES
- Overhead, Slide Projector, Screen
- Podium/Public Address System
- LCD Projector
- Satellite TV
- Flip Chart